As Assistant Office Manager, you work together with the Office Manager to act as the linchpin of WUA’s office. Your most important task? Conjuring smiles on the faces of our employees and the clients that visit us. You and the Office Manager ensure the accounts are done, you provide a friendly welcome to our visitors, and you ensure that customer events and informal after-work drinks are planned to perfection. And you make sure our office, in the center of Amsterdam, is and remains a pleasant, tidy place to work.
What you’ll be doing
- You take care of facility management duties, you’re the first person to pick up the phone when it rings, you buy office supplies, and process incoming mail.
- The office lacks for nothing, and looks squeaky clean. Whenever a (potential) customer visits, you provide a warm welcome.
- You provide support to our Usability Lab. You receive respondents and clients, and during the day, you act as host. You also contribute to the preparations for the day, for instance by preparing the rooms.
- You manage accounting duties: you create invoices and send them, you process incoming invoices, make them payable, manage debtors, and you work in Exact Online and Basecone.
- You organize numerous activities for our staff, from company outings to customer events. You’re also responsible for internal parties, along with WUA’s FUN-committee.
What you need to offer
- You’ve got a natural talent for facilitating and organizing – ‘getting things done’ is in your blood.
- You’ve got excellent oral and written skills in both Dutch and English.
- You have (preferably) two or more years of experience working in the hospitality industry.
- You’re a social, energetic person, who contributes to a pleasant atmosphere.
- You’re proactive and look ahead: no surprises for you.
- You’re a strong communicator, professional and friendly.
- You (preferably) have experience with Exact Online and Basecone.
- You (preferably) have experience with PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- You’re well-suited to the culture of a young, energetic, fast-growing, Amsterdam-based company.
About WUA & what we offer
We offer you a really cool chance in an inspiring, dynamic environment where every day is different. A true scale-up that’s busy conquering the world that’s changing at a fast pace. There’s a lot of room for personal development, for instance through training, yoga, and entrepreneurship.
But there is more:
- Dynamic and inspiring office in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Fully stocked kitchen and a daily healthy and delicious lunch.
- Professional and personal development training, be the best version of you!
- Weekly yoga & boot camp classes.
- Weekly Friday ‘borrel’ (social drinks) with an XL-edition once a month.
- Ping pong table to work off some energy.
- Activities in winter and summer: we have our own, very orange company boat and you will join us on our annual winter ski trip to Austria.