With a Web Performance Score of 63, Independer is consumers’ favorite website when they orient themselves online on home insurance policies. WUA studied this by asking 400 consumers to use desktop or smartphone to search for home insurance policies online. The top-3 consists of Independer, CentraalBeheer, and Univé.
Web Performance ScoreOnderzoek: WoonverzekeringMeting: Februari 2018Land: Nederland
- Totaal Desktop Mobiel
- 1 Independer.nl 63 61 65
- 2 Centraalbeheer.nl 60 60 60
- 3 Unive.nl 58 58 58
- 4 FBTO.nl 57 59 54
- 5 OHRA.nl 54 53 55
- 6 InShared.nl 53 52 54
- 7 Interpolis.nl 53 53 53
- 8 Rabobank.nl 53 50 54
- 9 ZEKUR.nl 51 52 51
- 10 AEGON.nl 51 49 53
- 11 ING.nl 51 51 51
- 12 Reaal.nl 49 48 50
- 13 Ditzo.nl 48 47 49
- 14 ABNAmro.nl 48 - 48
- 15 NN.nl 46 - 46
- Aan de basis van elke Web Performance Scan® ligt het Web Performance Model. Met behulp van dit model worden de details van het oriëntatieproces in kaart gebracht. Uiteindelijk wordt de prestatie van een website weergegeven in één overall score: de Web Performance Score.
- Hoogste totaalscore
- Hoogste score op device
Independer stays in first place
In the past three years, Independer was always in first place. The company is named consumers’ favorite most often when they orient themselves on both desktop and smartphone. This despite the fact that Independer is not the provider that’s visited most often during orientation. With this, comparison website Independer.nl manages to get the highest conversion rates of the market by far. Independer scores high on offer as well. It has a strong ‘Look & Feel’, and a powerful ‘Offer’.
The company visited most often during orientation is CentraalBeheer. This insurer from Apeldoorn gets the highest preference of all orienting consumers, after first place winner Independer.
In customer experience, the third place winner of the study does very well: Univé. Univé is especially good at establishing a strong brand perception. Remarkably, Reaal scores high on smartphone in customer experience, but isn’t found very often by its target audience.
4 insights from this study
- The market is rather fragmented; there are many providers who all wish to win their share of the market. That’s one of the reasons comparison site Independer.nl performs well: potential customers encounter many providers that really don’t differ much from each other, and have to decide for themselves what’s suitable for them.
- Independer.nl is the winner of this study. Independer.nl is the starting point of many potential customers’ orientation. On the customer experience themes, Independer.nl beats all competition on offer. With this, Independer.nl also manages to convince the highest number of visitors to choose them.
- CentraalBeheer.nl is found the most often, and after Independer.nl, convinces the highest number of visitors to choose them. The reason is the trust people have in this big player.
- Remarkable is Reaal’s good performance on smartphone. As a relatively small player, they achieve the highest scores in customer experience in both the First Impression and the In-Depth phase.
Goal and relevance of this study
The goal of this study is to map the digital experience of potential customers orienting themselves on a home insurance policy, which provider they choose, and most importantly, why.
In the study, WUA’s online experts lay bare any sore points and things to improve on all themes, through the validated Web Performance Model. Conclusions and recommendations are tailored to each separate provider. Digital Excellence is achieved by a combination of several stakeholders, such as:
- Everyone with commercial responsibility: the winner takes all.
- Management: for the right direction and mentality in the organization.
- The person(s) responsible for digital: give the right insights, direction, and energy to your team.
- Online marketers: get started with the recommendations right away for a higher conversion.
- Research: decent research with validated model is the basis for digital success.
- Proposition/marketing: Aside from Look & Feel, the themes of Offer and Brand are of vital importance to the buying process.