The fall has begun with several big new smartphone releases: the Samsung Galaxy S8 (and S8+), and the new Apple iPhone line-up (iPhone 8, 8+, and iPhone X). Many more are expected in October, such as the Google Pixel 2, Huawei Mate 10, and more from Microsoft, HTC, LG and Sony.
That’s why this week, WUA will start a digital experience benchmark study in the USA, in which as many as 1,000 carefully selected respondents will be asked to search for a new smartphone with a contract. Our goal is to find out which wireless providers have the best online customer experiences in getting a new smartphone with contract. The study will also provide us with a snapshot on which phones are more popular in the market today.
Free orientation on a new smartphone with contract
The 1.000 respondents will be aged 18+, distributed across the general population of the USA. They will be free to use the internet for orientation in whichever way they wish to find a smartphone with contract that suits their needs.
Consumers generally compare websites as they search. As such, our respondents evaluate 3 to 4 websites they’ve encountered, using our comprehensive questionnaire that is based on WUA’s validated Digital Sales Model. 500 respondents will be using their desktop computer to complete the task, and another 500 will be using their current smartphone. Will the new iPhones dominate in market share?
See how your website performs relative to the competition
Are you a wireless provider? This study will offer valuable market insights about your website’s performance (on desktop as well as mobile), such as: findability, conversion, preference, and detailed information about how consumers perceive the Look & Feel of your website, your Product Offer, and your Brand… compared to the competition. Furthermore, WUA’s validated model can show which changes in the customer journey will drive conversion the most. Questions our study will provide answers to for example are:
- How often is your website found, and how quickly? Via a search engine or organically, and how can you use this information to improve your findability?
- How many visitors of your website continue after having formed a first impression, and, if they drop out: why? If they continue, how do they experience your website when they take a further look? How do they experience the order process?
- How can you improve your website’s Look and Feel, your Product Offer and the way in which it is presented on your website, and your brand perception?
Market Churn and Brand Loyalty
In addition to our regular insights, we will analyse what smartphone brands potential customers are buying, and how many customers are switching providers and brands. We will also gather insights into consumers’ preferred purchase channel. For example: do they prefer to buy online or do they rather purchase in-store?
The ultimate KPI
WUA offers the ultimate KPI to express the customer experience on your website in figures, which can be used to set priorities and determine backlogs. The way in which these scores are calculated makes it possible to easily compare scores between websites, as well as different industries and countries. The impact of changes to your website can be measured immediately and continually in order to expose weaknesses and strengths. Our expert analysis and recommendations will give you the ultimate tool to help increase your online conversion!
Based on previous research by WUA, we expect the following companies to be found and ranked among those providing the best online customer experience journeys.
- Smartphone users prefer Capital One when searching for a credit card: How digital marketing changes on the smartphone - December 7, 2017
- How Verizon lead the online smartphone and wireless plan market; How Apple scores high in digital CX - December 5, 2017
- LendingTree.com leads US Personal Loan market in online customer experience - November 21, 2017